Hi there! I’m Sam, a 20-something English teacher with a passion for Jesus and adventure. Feeling overwhelmed, bored, or unhappy with your life? Join me in my journey to creating an intentional, joy-filled life on Earth while preparing for eternity in Heaven. If you lose me in a crowd, look for the girl in a flannel 3 sizes too big carrying a really old Nikon DSLR camera that she’s pretending to know how to use.
Who Am I?
- I’m am a born-again Christian passionate about forming a relationship with Jesus.
- I graduated from James Madison University in December 2018 (a whole semester early!) with a degree in English and am currently working towards getting my secondary education teaching license.
- I’ve been to 10 countries and 31 states, with plans to visit all 50 states and as many countries as possible.
- I was born in Oxford, CT, lived in Lynchburg, VA a few years, spent the majority of my life so far in Buchanan, VA, moved to Harrisonburg, VA for college, and I’m moving to Bluffton, SC in two months. (Can you tell I don’t like to stay put?)
- I’ve dealt with anxiety, and specifically social anxiety, my entire life.
- I’m engaged to the love of my life and planning a wedding for June 23, 2019!
- I just recently started learning about enneagrams, and I’ve learned so much about myself. I’m a 4w5!
Why Am I Writing This?
Truth is, I’m not always happy or satisfied with my life. I get bored SO easily, and I am always dreaming about the future and trying to rush through life. Sound like you? We’ll get along great! I started this blog with the intent of sharing how I work towards finding satisfaction and happiness with my current life and how to I’ve begun to create a life I truly love and that makes me happy more often.
Want to know how I went from zero life plans, anger with myself and with God, and a serious lack of appreciation for anything to creating a life I actually want to live and finding joy in my every day? Me too! Join my journey, what I’ve started calling The Satisfaction Story!